The SMC Tools Platform contains tools and methodologies available to support SMEs in the implementation of the sound management of chemicals.
- The methodologies are specifically designed guidances aimed to systematically analyze the issue in question and support the user to come up with the most appropriate solution to this specific issue
- The tools help companies to resolve a specific problem and are more limited in scope
- The selected tools and methodologies are organized along categories and subcategories for the sound management of chemicals.
- Three (3) categories are in the heading of each matrix, with their corresponding subcategories. The description of each category and subcategory is provided by clicking on the respective headings in the tools matrix and the methodologies matrix.
The categories follow on the different stages of the sound management of chemicals, covering from the assessment of hazards and risks associated with chemical manufacturing and use, supporting risk prevention and reduction along the value chain, to assisting companies and communities to prepare and response to chemical accidents. The categories and subcategories are applicable for SMEs that are using and producing chemicals.
- The definition of the qualifiers: x, 1, T, which are shown in the matrices for some tools and methodologies, is provided at the bottom of the methodologies matrix.
|ID||Methodology||Hazard identification and risk assessment||Risk prevention and reduction||Emergency preparedness and Response|
|Information and data assessing hazards and risks||Hazard identification and chemicals risk assessment||Process safety assessment||Workplace safety assessment||Preventive measures||Protective measures||Preparedness to Accidents and Emergencies||Response to accidents|
|M1||Chemical Leasing toolkit||1||1||1||1||1||1|
|M2||Eco-innovation Manual and Tools instructions||1||1||1||1||1|
|M3||Guide on sustainable chemicals A decision tool for substance manufacturers, formulators and end users of chemicals||1||T||x||x|
|M4||Introduction to Industrial Accidents: prevention, preparedness and response||1||1||1||1||1||1|
|M5||Practical Chemicals Management Toolkit||1||T||x||x|
|M6||PRE-SME - Promoting Resource Efficiency in SMEs||T||x||1||1|
|M7||Responsible Care: Management System Technical Specifications||1||1||1||1||1||1|
|M8||Responsible Production: Guidance and Toolkit||1||x||x||x||x||x||x|