Methodology: PRE-SME - Promoting Resource Efficiency in SMEs
The PRE-SME Toolkit is developed as an industrial training handbook aiming to provide SMEs in developing counries and economies in transition with practical and hands-on tools that will assis them to identify points of inefficiencies take the necessary action. Among others, the Toolkit provides SMEs with tools to undertake chemical efficiency assessment and identify potentials for improvement in their chemicals management programme including identification of hazardous substances, undertaking risk assessment and considering options to reduce and control those risks.
|SMC Category||Hazard identification and risk assessment, Risk prevention and reduction|
|Subcategories||Process safety assessment, Workplace safety assessment, Preventive measures, Protective measures|
|SME Activity||Pollution control and disposal, Production, Storage|
|Resource Type||Downloadable document, Downloadable programme|
|Company type||Synthesis of substances, Formulation of chemicals, Industrial users of chemicals|
How to use it
1) Process and product data on: water, energy, materials and chemicals usage.
2) Process data on waste, wastewater, and air emissions.
1) Measurements of environmental performance regarding water, energy, materials, waste and chemicals
2) A step-by-step implementation plan for resource efficiency with ease by providing detailed procedures, forms and checklists.
3) Training plan for the employees to be environmentally responsible
|Learning time||High (>8h)|
|User expertise||Intermediate (scientific/engineering degree required/business management experience required)|
|User-friendliness||Easy to use|